Dental Implants now available at Dentists of Tasmania
Dr Puckridge has just returned after completing two weeks of intensive training in dental implants as part of his Implant Fellowship. Together with Dr Nair, they are happy to announce that Dentists of Tasmania can now offer their clients implants at a competitive price.
What are dental implants?
Dental implantation is the process of replacing missing teeth or teeth that cannot be saved by conventional means. Implants can range from single-tooth replacement to a complete upper and lower arch replacement.
Dental implants are made of titanium and the crowns are usually made of high-grade porcelain fused to precious metals such as gold.
You can choose to have the procedure in the dental chair under local anaesthetic or in hospital under general anaesthetic. We will consult with you beforehand to establish your suitability, the time requirements and a complete costing for the procedure.
Why consider having an implant
- Implants last much longer than bridges or dentures
- An implant will prevent bone loss associated with missing teeth
- They are a great replacement option to removable dentures and bridges
- No wear and tear on surrounding teeth is caused
- They are aesthetically pleasing and very natural looking
- Dental implants allow patient to eat hard foods with confidence
- Patients experience an increase in self confidence
- There are no age restriction for a dental implant (unlike alternative options)
Suitability for dental implants
You are a suitable candidate if you:
- have adequate bone (in terms of both quality and volume)
- practise good oral hygiene
- meet the general medical requirements.
Bone quality and volume will be assessed by an examination.
At Dentists of Tasmania, we work as a team with independent local dental prosthetists who can be involved with the process from beginning to end to make sure your implant supported denture looks great and feels comfortable.
More information will be on our website soon as well as a special introductory offer. In the meantime you can download Patient Brochure for some further reading.
#DentalImplants #MIS #Implants