CEREC at Dentists of Tasmania
Dentists of Tasmania, Hobart are embracing cutting edge technology using Cerec.
Cerec restorations are strong, durable and look and feel like your natural tooth. Cerec protects your tooth from further fractures and is the ideal procedure of choice to replace fractured amalgam fillings or cracked teeth. It is a conservative way of protecting as much tooth structure and extends the life of your tooth.
What to expect with Cerec
1. We prepare your tooth and then use a small video camera to make a 3D computer model of your upper and lower teeth. There are no impressions which is great for people who gag and no need to come back a week later like a conventional crown.
2. We use Cad Cam computer technology to design the restoration that fits your tooth perfectly.
3. Our milling machine then produces an identical replica needed for us to use. This takes about ten minutes and you can watch your new tooth being made right in front of your eyes.
4. The restoration is then cemented into place.
5. The whole process takes about 90 minutes but you have a large break in the middle.